Friday, April 8, 2011

Roadside America

I'm actually amazed with myself that I haven't mentioned this website earlier. It's probably my favorite website when I'm out travelling the world.

For those of you who don't know what this site is (and judging by the conversations I've had with others, it's a whole lot of you), Roadside America is a website that catalogs all of the strange roadside stops that this continent has to offer. World's Largest Cow? You got it! Swimming pools shaped like states? It's there! Boulders painted like giant apples? Yep, you betcha!

Birdy and I use it all the time when we're going on a road trip. It's a great way to give yourself an excuse to take a break or go a little off the beaten path. Sometimes it's the highlight of our trip! We've managed to get some amazing pics of the world's largest thermometer, sun dial, Kachinka doll, chest of drawers, and several others. We always get comments from every one of them.

So go ahead, browse the site and see what's in your area or on your next route. I guarantee a photo album you'll never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...