Monday, April 18, 2011

Get a Class B!

I've always wanted to spend the rest of my days on the open road. The only problem with that fantasy (or is it?) is that it gets rather tiring to sleep in a car and stay at random people's couches. I have yet to find a limit for how long I can handle that kind of lifestyle but I definitely know that I do have a limit for it.

One option that's always been on the table is to get an RV. Of course, they're huge monstrosities that guzzle gas by the minute. At least that's what I thought they were until I encountered the wonderful world of Class B motorhomes!

Class B's are basically vans that have been remodeled in to a motor home. Most come complete with a toilet, kitchen, bed, and storage. They're also far more gas efficient and I hear talk of some of the newer models being made in to hybrids or biodiesel! They're also a lot cheaper than most motorhomes and I'm hoping that after a few years of saving I can afford one without having to take out a loan.

Granted, they're very small and to the average American the size is downright unlivable. It's only really built for one or two people and you have to be an extreme minimalist in order to handle the severe lack of storage.

Of course yours truly has no problem with that! I pretty much live out of a backpack and I rather enjoy small, cramped spaces. You're less likely to lose stuff and it's a lot more intimate :-P

So if you're like me and you want to travel more than just a month or two, you may want to consider looking in to buying one of these babies! If you own one or have an idea of what you want to buy then shoot me a comment and tell me about it. I'd love to hear what you have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...